Exams are conducted at almost all levels of education to assess the understanding or learning of students. Exam results let us know about the overall students’ understanding. So, exam results are highly significant regardless of whether you are studying in school, college, or university. Many educational institutes now use online exam management software to conduct and evaluate online exams and to display results. However, sometimes students cannot get good grades regardless of studying day and night.
So, if you want to know how you can ameliorate your exam results, the following are very helpful tips to improve student’s exam results.
Properly Note Down Your Lectures
If you want to ameliorate your exam results, you need to properly take your notes. One of the most powerful methodologies to improve your results is to take proper notes and correctly utilize them. This is because human memory fades very quickly. A lot of individuals do not realize how rapidly they fail to remember things. So, good lecture notes can have a significant effect with regard to ameliorating your exam results.
Employ SQ3R Methodology
If exams are purely based on textbooks and several reading assignments, the SQ3R methodology is the best to use. It will enhance your understanding, memory, and eventually your exam results. SQ3R indicates Survey, Question, and Read, Recall, and Review (3Rs).
- Survey: Before you begin reading your textbooks, quickly go through every chapter to get an overview of the key points and topics. Focus on main headings, subheadings, summaries, introductions, and conclusions. This will improve your understanding of a particular subject.
- Question: After a quick survey, think about the questions that will offer you more focus and direction to your reading material. Effectively looking for answers to these inquiries as you read will assist you to keep on track and engaged.
- Read, Recall, Review: After surveying the reading material and developing questions, the next step is reading, understanding, recalling, and reviewing the text.
Efficient Time Manage
There are 168 hours per week for all the students, however, not all of them choose to efficiently manage their precious time. Proper management and utilization of time are highly significant. It differentiates between a poor student, a good student, and an extraordinary student. Time management is not just about the activity; however, it is all about the productivity. So, your main aim is productivity rather than just activity.
You don’t only have to work hard; you need to work smart. Students who work smart usually have efficient time management skills. Efficient time management is crucial for ameliorating student’s academic efficiency, as well as exam results.
Start Reviewing Your Syllabus a Week Before Exams
Set up a plan for exam preparation almost a week before exams. Each exam will be different from others, so each exam preparation plan will also differ. While making your plan, you must decide how long you will have to study and how to assign those hours. Your plan must:
- Include highly significant study materials and strategies for the exams such as reviewing notes, solving problems, and so on.
- How long to focus on each subject?
For instance, if you are doing preparation for a geometry exam, the most powerful methodology might be practicing problems assigned by your instructor.
Self Test to check your preparation
When you have a good command over a subject, possibly the best technique for further improving your preparation is to test yourself. You can utilize old tests or quizzes for this purpose. In case you can make your practice test by yourself, it is recommended to do so with the assistance of a study group. It saves time and analyzes your exam preparation.