Most of the water used in the house is not consumed. It is diverted to the municipality’s general sewers and drains system by an orderly but straightforward system of pipes and maintenance holes. Rainwater from roofs, patios, or terraces also ends up in these pipes. Element connections are straightforward. Its distribution is the most important thing.
Know The Pipes In The House
Derivations: these are the pipes that collect the gray water from the sanitary devices to be led to the downspouts. Each appliance will have a siphon or, usually in the bathroom, a siphon that collects the water from the sink, bidet, shower, or bathtub. The toilet pipes’ diameter is 40 mm, and the outlet of the siphon bottle is 50 mm. The toilet has a direct outlet to the downspout with a diameter of 90 to 110 mm.
Downspouts: these are the vertical pipes that collect the water from the diversions, in addition to the channeled rainwater. The diameter of the downspouts is a minimum of 110.
Collectors: the larger diameter pipes, buried in floors or the basements and collect the water from the entire house and divert it, through manholes, to the general collectors of the municipality. The diameter of the collector pipes must be greater than 125 mm. you can call on experts like https://climatecontrolexperts.com/plumbing/ to be able to differentiate the pipes
Make The Trenches And Prepare The Pipes:
- Mark the route where the pipes and manholes must go. Dig the position of the manholes and make the trenches for the drain pipes. Check that the ground is stable.
- Splice and glue general PVC pipes. The tubes are assembled tongue and groove and glued and cut with a hacksaw arch. Before gluing, check that they are well clean. Let dry before continuing with the work.
- Knead the concrete with which the manhole and pipes will be held. You must put a 10 cm base in the trenches so that the manhole and pipes do not directly contact the ground. Put the pipes in the trench, leaving them with a slope of 3 cm per meter.
Fit The Casket And The Lid:
- Section the corresponding inlet hole of the manhole according to the diameter of the drain pipe. If smaller tubes of 50 mm are also connected, it also opens the gap. Holes are pre-scored for easy cutting with hammer blows and a flat screwdriver tip. Sand the edges if necessary.
- Do the same with the outlet hole for the general evacuation pipe. Place the box on the concrete base and seat it well, checking the level. Fill the sides with some concrete to stabilize. Tuck in and glue the pipes.
- Fill all sides of the manhole with concrete up to the level of the base of the final finish. This way, it will be well fixed. Finish filling all the trenches with earth, leaving it ready for the final finish of the screen.
- Install the box frame by fixing it with cement mortar around it. It will be used to mark the final position of the finished floor after laying the stone or outdoor tiles.
- Place the sealing gasket of the manhole and finally the cover, screwing in the necessary points, depending on the model. This box is accessible at all times to control its operation or carry out cleaning.