The Benefits of Acupuncture for Addiction Treatment as Per Our Houston Acupuncture Clinic.
Addiction Treatment with Acupuncture
A successful drug or alcohol addiction treatment plan may include acupuncture and other holistic treatments as supplementary care methods. Acupuncture and other holistic treatments are being used by an increasing number of addiction treatment clinics to assist patients in coping with the psychological and physiological effects of addiction. This blog is an analysis of the benefits of acupuncture for addiction treatment.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture, a component of TCM that goes back thousands of years, has been used for a broad range of conditions. Acupuncturists use very fine metal needles to puncture the skin in certain patterns. Either hand motions or electricity then activates the needles. Acupuncturists believe that activation stimulates the flow of qi or chi. Qi, pronounced chee, refers to the body’s vital energy. Acupuncturists believe that illnesses and other health problems originate when the flow of qi is interrupted. The acupuncture concept holds that certain anatomical locations can be effectively stimulated.
Benefits of Acupuncture for Addiction Treatment.
Although it is true that acupuncture is not a panacea for addiction, it can be a helpful adjunct to other therapies in helping patients overcome their addiction. Listed below are ways in which acupuncture may help as part of an overall strategy to reduce the likelihood of recurrence.
- Minimizes cravings. Many addicts struggle with managing severe cravings in the early stages of recovery. Acupuncture helps reduce and manage alcohol and drug cravings.
- It’s an effective anti-depressant. Acupuncture’s efficacy as a complementary therapy in the treatment of depression is also starting to be supported by evidence. Substance abuse disorders and major depressive disorders often co-occur and should preferably be treated jointly. In order to sustain sobriety over time, it is crucial to address any underlying mental health conditions that may contribute to relapse.
- Facilitates drug-free management of chronic and acute pain. Regrettably, many patients who are given severe painkillers relapse after a period of abstinence. Addicts in recovery need to be especially wary about taking addictive prescription drugs, which can make it difficult to find non-addictive pain treatment. Acupuncture’s ability to trigger the body’s natural painkillers is what has led to its widespread usage and endorsement as an effective type of pain alleviation.
- Relieves stress and anxiety. Finding appropriate strategies to manage and alleviate stress is essential for relapse prevention. According to studies, acupuncture can help persons in recovery from addiction by relieving their tension and anxiety.
- Helps with sleeplessness. One of the most vital steps you can take to avoid relapsing is to take care of your body by getting enough sleep. Many individuals have trouble sleeping, which can hinder their recovery from addiction. Acupuncture has been proven effective in clinical research for treating insomnia, and it does so without using any potentially addictive medicines.
Experience Holistic Healing with Mirvana Acupuncture’s Top-Rated Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs in Houston.
At Mirvana Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs, our focus is on using acupuncture to aid in the process of detoxing from and eventually beating addiction. Our healthcare givers have extensive training in holistic care, which treats the whole person rather than just the addiction. Each patient’s treatment plan is carefully tailored to meet their unique requirements and help them achieve their recovery goals. Curbing cravings, minimizing the severity of withdrawal symptoms, and promoting relaxation and stress alleviation are all possible outcomes of acupuncture treatment. Call our friendly professional staff now for a free, no-obligation examination if you or a loved one is experiencing difficulties with substance abuse.