How And Where To Check CEED 2020 Result?
CEED or Common Entrance Exam for Design is the qualifying exam conducted to assess the aptitude of the candidate in designing. It involves testing the drawing skills, visual perception ability, creativity, logical reasoning, communication and problem-solving talent. IIT Bombay conducts CEED 2020. This qualifying exam helps the students to get admission for MDes or Master of Design and PhD programs in Design at IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IISc Bangalore, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur and alike. One important thing which you should know about it is that the CEED score is not the only sole factor to get admission in a particular institute.
Each institute has different norms and regulations and doesn’t rely completely on the CEED score. They may or may not conduct interviews or additional tests to acknowledge students’ performance. CEED 2020 took place on January 18, 2020, from 10 am to 01 pm. The final answer key for Part A was released on February 4, 2020; wherein one can check the answers. However, the CEED result will be declared on March 4 2020.
Students need to take the print out of the scorecard, and its hardcopy is not sent to any students. If you have appeared in the CEED exam, you are surely looking for the authentic site where you can find the result. None other than the official website of the exam is the better option to find the real CEED 2020 result.
A quick view on where to check CEED 2020 result
You get a list of preferences when you search ‘Where to check CEED result 2020,’ isn’t it? But, are you sure that all the links that you open further would show you the actual scorecard? Every link except the official website will anyhow take you to the official link. Many sites provide you with a genuine solution while some only drive the traffic to enhance their SEO rating without providing a fruitful solution. Make sure you don’t enter into any fraud sites or enter any personal information.
Steps to check the CEED result
- Enter the official website of ceed.iitb.ac.in.
- GO to the Candidate Portal link.
- Enter the registration number and password to log in.
- Download the scorecard and get its printout.
There are situations when one forgets the password. However, you can regenerate it while following the given steps:
- After going through the Candidate Portal link, go to the ‘Forgot password tab.’
- Create a new password and re-login to download the scorecard.
The complete scorecard comprises of the candidate’s name, category, roll number, marks and rank obtained.
How is the result evaluated?
CEED exam is comprised of two parts, viz, Part A and Part B. The Part A of the paper is an objective type question of one hour. It was conducted from 10 am to 11 am. Part B is the descriptive type question which is composed of test design, writing and drawing skills of the candidate. Part B is the major qualifying paper which is related to the following topics:
- Communication Skills: It determines the candidate’s ability to communicate their ideas and concepts in a better way.
- Drawing: Drawing is the most important part of designing. It shows a student’s skill to draw scenes, products and people in appropriate proportion. Better quality of lining, proportion, composition, and depth of the drawing are vital factors.
- Creativity: Creativity shows how the ideas and concepts can be portrayed uniquely and in a defined way.
- Problem identification skill: The students should have a better knowledge of the materials, context and their properties so that it can be used appropriately in the process of designing.
Being an aptitude test, there is no specific guide or textbook to prepare for CEED. When the final scoring of the exam is done, 25% weightage is given to Part A and 75% to Part B. The score is valid for one year. However, this score does not provide sure sort guarantee to seek admission in recognized institutes of designing like IIT Bombay, IISc Bangalore and alike. The students need to fill out the form separately for different colleges. Further, they face interviews and tests conducted by the institute. Hope for the best and download the result on March 4 from the official website.
Check the detailed information about CEED Exam at https://www.shiksha.com/design/industrial-product-design/ceed-exam